Thursday, January 17, 2013

A New Year!

I love January.  It wasn't always so.  I always thought that January was the worst month of the year.  Time used to just crawl along in January. I've always secretly wanted to have a baby in January, just to give us something to celebrate in the bleak of winter.
But, suddenly January is no longer a dreaded month.  It is already half over!  I can't believe it.
But the real reason that I've come to really love it, is because I've been really thinking deeply about myself, where I'm going, how I'm getting there, and what I need to change so I can realize my goals.  I've always done the resolution thing, and I've always liked it.  Not because I accomplish everything that I set out to do for myself, but because it at least gets me closer to where I want to be.
But for some reason I've enjoyed it even more this year than ever.  
Maybe it's because I've needed to slow down and take a closer look at some things and I've finally done it.  And I feel more that I've been Guided with things that I need to change and improve. 
I've made some specific goals for myself, and so far it's been great.
I love that we are agents who are not just acted upon, but are able to act.  I love that we can be intentional with the things that make up our lives.  I'm grateful for change and progress.
Here's to a new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment