Saturday, November 24, 2012

Birthday #7

 We had another birthday around these parts recently.  Madelyn hit the ripe old age of 7.  Man, does time ever fly.  I know  I pretty much say that every time we celebrate a birthday....but, seriously, I feel like I'm living life in warp speed!!
 It was a little early in the morning for Claire.  Luckily I stalled Madelyn by having her take a bath, that girl got up at 5:30 A.M. that morning.  She always has been my little early riser!
 The first gift she chose to open was the tiniest one, I think it was intriguing.  I had to have my camera ready for this because it was a little box with several sets of earrings.  I told her a long while back that she could get her ears pierced at 8 years old....but then I thought I would rather save the anticipation of turning that age for baptism, so this was a complete surprise to her....
 She was a little confused.  And when I told her I had changed my mind about getting her ears pierced, she was pretty excited!!

 Lily didn't have as hard of a time on Madelyn's birthday as Hannah's a couple weeks earlier.  Phew.
 Madelyn loved all of her presents, it made it so much fun to give them to her!!  She was so thrilled about every single one and praised us with thanks without being reminded once.  It was very sweet.




 I thought it was so cute that Drew wanted to help her put her necklace on....
 All ready for school with her show and tell bag.......We ate german pancakes and then she was off.  Part of the specialness that morning was being up early enough to do her hair "fancy."  She loves that.
 Lily was pretending it was her birthday too after they went to school...
 Little ham....
 These girls were way excited to help me make their sisters special cake...
 Madelyn had planned this cake out weeks in advance.  (In fact we're planned in the cake department up to Drew's birthday).  I love making their birthday cakes, even though I'm no pro.  I just love to surprise them!  Just one of my favorite things about their birthdays.  The cake was completed just in time for Madelyn to come home from school and see it....
 Her reaction made my day!  I opened up the fridge and brought it out....she just gasped and said "Mom!  It's beautiful!  I didn't think it was going to turn out that good!!"  It doesn't get much better....  :)
 Drew grilled us up some awesome burgers, which happened to pass of a scout requirement and help his mom out big time at the same time.  ;)
 Madelyn wanted a picture of this heart basket she got from her grandma.
 Placing those candles in her cake...
 She had her grandparents join us for birthday cake that night.

 
 I like to swipe my kids from school to take them out for lunch.  This time we had to wait until the day after her birthday because I was teaching preschool on her birthday at her lunch time.  So we had a "girls lunch" all together at the fancy dancy Fiesta Ole.  :)
 They sure love those bean burritos.  Crisp for them, but those delicious soft cheesy ones for me!

 I sure love doing lunch with my birthday kids.  Me (not flattering) and my birthday girl!
Then on Saturday, I took all of the kids with me to get some things done in town.  One of those things was get Madelyn's ears pierced at the mall.  Boy was she ever brave!  I squeezed her hands and my little girl didn't even shed a tear!
She loves having her ears pierced and showing them off to everyone we meet!

Seven things I love about Madelyn:
1.  She has a caring heart and always has.  She loves to write me love notes and I love that! 
2.  She is so helpful with her sisters.
3.  She is brave.  She doesn't mind public speaking one bit.  She will try new things.
4.  She is a friend to all.  She is such a social little bug, and has so many friends.
5.  She loves to do things with me from making food together to making lists of things to do together that day.
6.  She is smart as a whip.  She can check out any book she wants from her school library.  Her school teacher loves her.  And she absolutely loves to read.
7.  She is a missionary.  She has invited friends to come to church, shared the gospel with strangers, and has the book of mormon scripture story book in her backpack ready to read to a friend of hers whenever she gets a chance.
I love you Madelyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment