and counting. I can't believe there is 5 weeks left of pregnancy. Hooray!! I'm pretty excited and of course nervous.... having a baby is a pretty life changing experience. Life is never the same when you introduce a new little one to your family. My older children can't hardly believe there was family life before Hannah and Lily, they are just part of us.
Jed and I did our traditional pre-baby tour of the hospital on our last date-which we finally squeezed in after a pretty packed no date 4 weeks. We just like to brush up on the routine of baby having--we ought to have it down pat by now! Our hospital had a recent remodel that I had never seen before and it looks great--almost exciting! :)
So now I am down to Dr. visits every week--I just can't believe it. Things have gone pretty normally this pregnancy. I think my emotions have been much more on the surface this time than in previous pregnancies. I feel like I can cry at the drop of a hat--if you haven't noticed my mention of crying in recent posts....pregnancy hormones at work. I usually am bombarded with emotions post baby...so maybe I got some of those out of my system and I won't be so sensitive after she is born...? Like yesterday. We had a rough sacrament meeting, so rough I was in the bathroom trying to regain my emotions before I could even go to sunday school. That is one of the things I am most nervous about--doing church solo with 5 kids...one being brand new.
A few of the things that make this pregnancy stand out:
* I have discovered a love and passion for fajitas and pico de gallo that I could eat by the spoonful.
* I love love love fresh pineapple and buy one whenever they are a decent price. Soooo good.
* I love that Hannah likes to compete with my belly. Hers against mine. She thinks hers is the same size. I wish they were....
* Drew likes to feel and watch the baby move. Pretty fascinated.
* I exercised religiously this WHOLE time and it didn't save me one pound. :)
* None of my kids have drawn me with a belly in their pictures. I used to think it was so funny when I would see stick figures and know instantly which was mine...the one with the big circle in the middle.
* Made green smoothies--also hasn't saved me one pound. :) It's that darn sugar that I always crave so badly when I'm pregnant. Ugh.
* We've been much more busy this time around--so instead of crafting little bows and making cute little baby things I've been cleaning out the freezer, re-organizing, and freezing meals any chance I get.
* Jed and I can't agree on a name.
Five weeks is still awhile, but this next month will keep us busy too. Anniversary, 3 family birthdays, Mother's Day, end of the school year programs and field trips, and other regular stuff. She will be here before we know it!!!
1 month ago