Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A little something tasty!

I've had some people ask for this recipe, so I decided to post it on my blog because it is one of my favorite snacks!!!

Black Bean Salsa:

1 can black beans (or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans)

1 can corn

1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies

2 cloves of garlic minced

1/3 cup chopped green onion

1 Bunch cilantro, chopped

1 avacado, chopped (0ptional)

Juice of 1/2 lemon (or 1 T. lemon juice)

Juice of 1 lime

Mix and refrigerate a couple hours! Sometimes I don't always have all the ingredients on hand for example I don't think a lime has ever graced our refrigerator, so I just add a little extra lemon juice. And I have actually never added cilantro either! So it turns out even without some things. It is way good, atleast I think so..... And it is definitely a healthier version of salso too. It's got beans and corn to add protein and fiber. It is really good with tacos and burritos or any Mexican dish, or just with chips. Or if you don't want to ruin the "good-for-you-ness" then eat it with whole grain crackers! Mmmmm. Did I mention I love this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment