Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friday Night Fun!

We held our first Denning Family Olympics last Friday! It was great. We had a derby race, a competition to see who could make Hannah smile, we had an airplane accuracy flying contest, and we played Pirate's Dice. Madelyn won!! But we did all receive a medal. The kids are really into saving money, so our first two prizes were cash prizes!! Nice.

I am constantly weeding out the unnecessary in my life....as you can see by this picture getting ready for the day got weeded out!! Having fun with my family took precedence!


I took this picture of the kids the other day, and I have to say that these kids are the greatest and the cutest kids ever!! No bias or anything.....












Last night, my parents came over and we caught this really cute picture of my dad! It is just classic of my dad! We had a good visit. We love you Grandma and Grandpa!

Awhile ago I saw some tuna in the cupboard and thought of my dad. He used to make tuna patties growing up. I called him up and asked for the recipe. My dad does a lot of cooking and he doesn't use recipes, so he did his best to give me a recipe for the tuna patties. He did great because they turned out perfect and are actually Drew's new favorite food--right up there with hamburgers. In fact after dinner Drew even called Grandpa to thank him for the delicious recipe!! I was going to post the recipe for anyone who wanted to try it, but my notebook is missing!! Maybe later.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the olympics was fun! Definitely worth not getting ready for :) Glad your camera is working again. Madelynne's hair is getting so long. I think Hannah looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to steal your olympics idea, too fun. I am glad that you had a good time with your parents. I feel so lucky to have my family so close.
    Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete