Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What can I say? I'm Cheap!!

So the other day my hair was starting to drive me crazy.....I needed a haircut really bad! Jed cut my hair last time and did a pretty good job, so I hired him again. (Ok, so we don't really exchange any funds...if he's lucky he'll get a hug depending on the quality of the completed job!) The last time he cut my hair, I just had him trim it and do some layers. I've had some pretty bad haircuts in my time and I figured he couldn't mess it up worse than the so called "professionals." He did a good job last time!
I told him to cut about an inch and a half off, then I got my hair all wet and we were ready to go. Things started out pretty good, then I hear a large wet "thud" on the floor. I was a little startled! Next thing, Jed asks me to hold the hair he had already trimmed. So I reach for it and say, "hold what?!" My hair was quite short!! I was getting scared. He kept telling me he wasn't doing as good of job as the last time. The scissors weren't cutting well for him, so he would take a running start and take a huge whack! This was not helping my nerves at all. Anyway, he finished up what he was doing and sent me to the mirror. I came back and all I could say was, "Wow! That is short!" So we decided to stop the whacking and just dry my hair and go from there. After that we fixed a few things here and there and it turned out pretty darn good, again!! (When we get our camera fixed I'll post a picture) Not very many girls can say they are in love their hair stylist, but I can!! So he is hired permanently.....What next hun, highlights, a perm? We"ll see.

2 comments:

  1. I found you through Marjann and I hope you don't mind. I love that someone else is just as cheap as me. Chris also cuts my hair. I trust him more than any one else. I can't wait to see your picture. I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete