Saturday, December 24, 2011

Intruder

In my somewhat conscious state of sleep, a couple of nights ago, I heard a couple of doors open and close. Finally, one more opening and closing of our garage door did the trick and I was woken up. I looked at the clock and it was shortly after 6:00 A.M. I woke up Jed with a sense of urgency, and told him I heard someone going in and out of our garage!! He took our fire bat and quickly went to check out the scene. I sat nervously in our bed ........ waiting. He came back and let me know that there was no one there. Jed seemed ok with that and headed for the bathroom, but I knew this was for real, so I decided to take matters into my own hands with the fire bat and just make sure our kids were ok. Jed came out as I was approaching the downstairs, a dark figure also came up from downstairs at the same time. A small dark figure. It was Drew-- all dressed for school with backpack, coat, and shoes. I asked him if he knew what time it was and informed him of the time...he just said "oh, I was just really excited for the Christmas party." (The one he was having at school) That made Jed and I smile. He further explained he couldn't find his shoes, so he got his new flashlight...searched the house....and finally went into the garage to check to see if they were in the car. Jed and I just laughed as we imagined what would have happened if we had woken up just a little earlier to see someone going through our house with a flashlight!!! I'm afraid he may have had a very large goose egg on his head! Our little half-size intruder.
Now I'm just a tad worried that Christmas morning will come extra early this year....if he was willing to get up an hour than usual to be ready for school because of a Christmas party!!

Wish us luck!

1 comment: