Friday, March 13, 2009

Scripture Mastery?

I rediscovered something from a Family Home Evening a couple of weeks ago. I'll give you a little background before sharing: Jed taught our lesson on the translation the Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson, we did a little activity just to give us all an idea of what it would have been like to have been an active participant in it. Jed had his scriptures open and then told Drew one line. Drew relayed the message to Madelyn, who then passed it to me and I recorded it. This is what we came up with:

Do things that you want
Whatever selfless is is
We're holding to the fish
take upon him to his people
Be on..."I don't know the other part"
According to His commandments
And now behold
That is the testimony that teaches me.

I will dub anyone who figures this scripture reference out to be "The Eternal Champion of Scriptural Knowledge."

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a friend of Jed's from high school. One of the Seminary Council cronies! I'm a chronic blog stalker and just stumbled on yours. I love seeing what old friends are up to. Your kids are beautiful!

    -Rivka O'Neal
    http://studyinvernacular.blogspot.com/

    p.s. I don't suppose the reference would be Alma 7:13, would it? It's my best guess!

    ReplyDelete