Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 3

On the third day, we hit the road again and drove to the metropolis of Thermopolis Wyoming. Not a booming city, but there were some things we enjoyed there. We swam in the largest mineral pool in Wyoming, it was the perfect temperature so even Lily could get in!


We went to a Dinosaur Museum and took a tour to this actual dig site on the mountain. It was pretty cool. The bumps in the ground are actually dinosaur footprints, and then there are bones you can see stuck in there too.

Here I am holding a dinosaur tooth.

Jed and Lily on the way up to the dig site.


Just outside the museum there was a deer that let us get pretty close to it. By the time I got my camera out, the deer got farther away, but if you squint you can see it in the background on the dirt road.

Madelyn finally decided to let Jed sacrifice her to the T-Rex. A little more drama in this photo would have been a lot more effective! Maybe like a crazed look in Jed's eyes and a petrified Madelyn....

Hannah driving the dinosaur truck.

Cute kids if I do say so myself.

Madelyn was starting to get a little spooked out at this place. I could relate, I remember going to the dinosaur museum in Vernal Utah with my family and they have mechanical moving dinosaurs....really creepy.

The coolest thing about the drive to Thermopolis were these awesome tunnels. You don't get to drive through a mountain every day. The rock mountains we drove through were incredible. They were HUGE!! I had to bend my head down in my seat just so I could see the top of them.


We found this big horn sheep on the side of the road. They can climb vertical rocks with such ease!

We got pretty close to this guy with our car.


About an hour or so into our drive, Madelyn felt a little sick. Luckily we took care of this in time to spare the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment