Thursday, June 25, 2009

Somethings better than nothing...right?

Ok, so I just decided to write a post and forgo the pictures. I just have to eliminate one step or this just will get left by the wayside! Hopefully a temporary thing though.... It seems like our family has been busy lately, as I'm sure all families are! So I will just give the lowdown on what everyone has been up to:
Jed has been working hard on our house. We are actually going to hire out the insulating and the sheetrock, which will SPEED things right up!! I actually am having to choose paint colors fairly soon!!! Yikes! The house looks so good with everything Jed has done, now I'm scared my decorating and color scheming are not going to be up to par! Jed is the hardest worker I know and is such a good example to me. He puts his all into everything he does. I LOVE YOU hun--sorry, I wasn't trying to turn this into a tribute, just an update, but when you love your hubby and talk about the things he is doing for his family...its natural.
I have been having fun with our kids doing our thing. Some of our area schools have had a free lunch program for kids 1-18 so the kids and I have been visiting our school for free lunch together. It's been way fun. Another bonus: One less meal I have to prepare and clean!! Two thumbs WAY up. We also headed out to our movie theater last week and enjoyed a free show: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. I love Veggie Tales, always have....even before I was a mom.... :) It has just been so fun to be with my kids and to do something we don't usually do together. Basically I have just been trying to keep up with everything and everyone around me!

Drew is doing great and has made a lot of progress in what he is learning. He just started to read a couple of verses at scripture time for us--of course there are lots of words he has never seen, but he does his best and sounds everything out. Best of all, he LOVES to do it!! Also last week Drew vacuumed our house 3 times. This was like a blessing from heaven!! Especially because he has offered to do it. I tell you what, that really is a HUGE help to me. I'm sure the new-ness of being able to do BIG chores will wear off, but for now I'm LOVIN it! (No I haven't been to McDonald's recently)...

Madelyn also accomplished something big, she can now write her name all by HERSELF. She is really doing well with identifying the letters and numbers too. She really wants to read like Drew, but she always tells me she already knows how. She is my little miss RED personality. The other day she surprised Drew and cleaned up all of his stuff. She was so happy and so was I! It just makes a mother so happy to see her kids serving each other. She performed a ballet recital for me the other day, so I cheered when she was done and said "Bravo!!" Then she told me it was my turn....so I got up and did my ballet debut (sorry everyone missed it!) and then she gave me raving reviews or "Bravo" right back. It was cute.

Hannah, she is changing so much!!! She has been scootching since last month and now she gets up on her hands and knees for a little while and then reverts back to the scootch. She also is sitting up, yes that came long after she scootched around the house. Hannah is my mover. She cannot hold still. Jed likes to say that I put caffeine in her milk! She can also be very loud and loves to have contests to see who has the most wind. She is our baby of many faces: monster baby (think of king kong in the world of blocks), police baby (Drew pushes her in her police car..the laundry basket and she gives Madelyn and I tickets. She even holds a police badge), and super baby complete with cape and special glasses. It is so fun when all of us are playing something together! Hannah also loves when I play fiddle songs on the violin, she just starts shaking her arm and laughing, very cute.

Congratulations on making it through the LARGEST NO PICTURE POST EVER!! I have to admit it was more for my sake than anyone elses. A lot has been going on that I had to write down before I forgot!!

2 comments:

  1. These really are the kinds of things we want to remember. And if you're anything like me, I'm starting to forget. . . The kids will ask me questions about when they were little and I honestly can't remember some of the answers. Thank goodness I wrote so much down. I miss your cute kids! I can't believe Mad can write her name- when did she get old enough for that!?! Hunter is barely starting to recognize his letters! Sorry. Guess I should have emailed instead of commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am impressed!! Looks like I need to start working with my kids a little harder. From the reading to the serving eachother. You must be Super Mom! And congrats on the house progress. Picking the colors is always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete