Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love Day Celebration

 Valentine's Day is a pretty fun holiday if you ask me.  In the beginning of the month of love we cut out several construction paper hearts and everyone in the family writes each other a valentine.  Then we decorate the house with our lovey notes.  I tell you, I felt like we really needed those little notes of love to adorn the house.  There have been several quarrels around here lately....
 We can't ever forget about the treat.  Heart shaped cinnamon rolls...these are so divine...and there is major anticipation on everyone's part to sink teeth into those puppies.
 It really is one of my favorite things to have things like this all around the house.
 Hannah always calls me the best mom in the world, so I always call her the best Hannah in the whole world.  She had her dad record all of the valentine's she dictated to him and they all said something to the tune of "you're the best fill in family member's name here in the whole world."  It was pretty cute.
 Lily did her very own valentines.

Then on to the tastiest part:

 I'm also glad to see my children are developing a sense of humor:

 That was from Madelyn to her dad.... ;)

Then on Valentine's morning, we had heart shaped waffles and pink milk and a surprise for the kids, as we always do.  
I love traditions...
 Madelyn had lazy day at school, so she got to wear her PJ's.  She wanted to have a heart in her hair, because other girls had fancy heart hair do's....
I'm not usually into doing time consuming hair do's on my girls, after all I have several heads of hair to do.  But I quickly came up with a simple and quick heart idea that satiated the fancy hair desire.
 Those are Lily and Hannah's hearts.  Nice and easy.  :)  Win.
Jed surprised me with a gift I was not at all expecting....so nice.  Then we had a fancy dinner with our family right after having my first den meeting (that I was worried about all day) at my house.  The girls helped me with dessert prep the day before:  chocolate strawberries and chocolate hearts to ease the dinner prep a little.  It was a busy/great day.

1 comment: