Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is such a fun day. I love it. I tried to wake up with lots of extra time to get everything ready, then when the kids started creeping in, I had to send them away to get my last minute details in. I don't go utterly crazy with specialness, but we always have heart-shaped waffles (thanks to whomever gave us a heart-shaped wafflemaker for our wedding!) and I write them each a note with a special something next to their plate.We drink pink milk, which by the end of the day, the remainder looked like pepto-bismal. The color strengthens in time I learned! The kids love pulling out our "fancy cups" and just having a special out of the ordinary breakfast.
I love waffles with fruit and whipped cream, so naturally you have to have strawberry sauce for Valentine's Day.

All of my pictures are really smudged, I think I have a child to thank for that!!

We made chocolate dipped straberries, and the kids weren't all that crazy for them, perfect!! Jed and I got to share them later.
Jed surprised me with my favorite non-healthy foods!

Valentine's Day is just a lot of fun, we pretty much enjoy it around here.


I love my family. I am certainly blessed. I have a wonderful husband and wonderful kids.

You all are the BEST!!

1 comment:

  1. I love catching up on your blog. You help me be a better mom :) Janessa has been asking to take violin lessons and we were wondering if you have any openings for this fall. Probably every other week like Rebekah does. I know you'll have a new baby and life is busy so we can look elsewhere if you are full :) My phone # is 589-7078. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete