Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This month as a family, we've tried harder to focus on being grateful for the entire month of November. I can't say that I have been perfect at it, let's just say a potty training experience gone awry has put my nerves a little more on edge than usual, but I am so grateful for how blessed our family truly is. I truly believe that there is real power in gratitude, and I hope I can better develop a constant spirit of gratitude in my life.
A few things I am grateful for:
*A warm house, food to eat, clothes to wear, and so many comforts that usually I take for granted.
* A loving family. A good husband who works very hard to support our family. Fun, good, and healthy children.
* Wonderful extended family on both Jed and I's side of the family.
* So many "little" things my children do and say that truly bring me joy.
* A new baby coming to our family in May. I'm grateful to see our family grow and see our children excited for a new baby.
*Good friends and wonderful neighbors.
* The gospel in my life, I love it.
* Life in general. I'm so grateful to be able to learn and grow and to become better.
* A loving Heavenly Father and Savior who know me better than I know myself, my weaknesses and my potential. I'm grateful that I can receive guidance and direction in my life from One who knows better than I.
* I'm grateful that Thanksgiving comes just before Christmas. A grateful heart is the perfect start to a season that focuses on the birth of our Savior.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment