Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Drew's Birthday Bash

Happy Birthday to my favorite little boy in the world!!!


because I can say that :)



I couldn't help but dig into the past and get some cute pictures of the birthday boy.
He is an awesome big brother.



He is a good friend to his sisters.



He loves fishing and outdoor adventures.



Drew turned 7 years old earlier this month. He got the motherload of K'Nex for his birthday. He is a hard worker and a good builder--something he gets from his dad!--so it was the perfect present.
Jed stayed up late putting this coaster together to show Drew.



It turned out awesome!!


Even though it was late, Jed couldn't resist getting Drew out of bed to show him what his k'nex could do. Drew was in awe, and I think Jed won some "awesome daddy" points for this one! Even though k'nex can be pretty tough to put together, or atleast tough to follow the given instructions, Drew has built some pretty cool dragsters. We had this roller coaster set up on our counter for several days, it was fun for Lily to watch while I made dinner....that is always nice!


Drew really wanted a lemon flavored Go-Kart cake. I'm not all that skilled with cake decorating supplies, but Drew said it was cooler than he imagined! That is all that mattered to me!


We had family over on his birthday, then he invited his best friend from school over on Saturday to have a pizza/wii party.


Lily looking chipper and cute early in the morning as Drew opened presents!



We also got Drew a microscope. I wasn't really sure how much he would get into it, but he was very excited to be a real scientist.


We haven't even scratched the surface on what all this k'nex stuff can do. We're excited for more fun!



Drew has been saving his money for awhile to buy a spy watch, so he was way excited to get further along with his saving when he received b-day money. He also got some spy gear and some great books to read. He finished one of the books and is reading it again, so thanks grandma for a great pick!


I also stole Drew from school on his birthday and took him to lunch. It was SO much fun, I'm tempted to do that way too often now..... I took him to pick out some treats for his class then took him back to school. He got to open a present at school and bring a bag full of his favorite things from home to talk to his class about. I think he had a great birthday!! I love that birthday boy and he is growing up SO much!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big he is getting! He is such a cute kid. Way to go Jed, that k'nex coaster looks awesome! Great job on the cake Jeannette, cake decorating is not easy I think you earned some serious mom points as well.

    ReplyDelete